Thursday, August 06, 2009

My travel wish

I was trying to compile a list of places I badly want to visit whenever I have time and a lot of money - and in about 10 minutes I could come up with this -
  • Times Square, New York City
  • The city of Paris (I regret to have missed this while I was in Amsterdam)
  • Burj Al Arab, Dubai
  • Swiss Alps - Eurorail trip - with lot of wine.
  • Leh-Ladakh, India
  • Parthenon in Athens
  • Death Valley, Nevada
  • Valencia, Spain
  • Genting Highlands, Malaysia
After reading the list top-to-bottom about 4-5 times and looking at my wallet, I decided this weekend I would go to Sinhagad fort, Pune - about 20 kms from where I stay. Sinhagad-ka-Quila.
My travel wishSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

11 comments:

TheCruisemaniac said...

Nice list...

I would suggest Innsbruck, Austria instead of the Swiss alps. Switzerland is thoroughly over-rated and believe me... Innsbruck is an out of the world experience... u get beer / wine / swarowski crystals for ur woman and oh... euro-rail too!!! :-)

Chao...

spilledbytes said...

You also narrowly missed Death Valley while you were in Vegas dude..

Anonymous said...

This is better life than other states.

saroj
Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

Words of Venus said...

That's a pretty good list and I have been to couple of places listed in the list :P.. Lucky me?? Btw I was checking my dead blog in xanga and i banged on to your blog!! you had commented on the June 27, 2005 post in http://cherishin-dream.xanga.com/ :).. Strange!! Yeah I am strange :)!!

subu.ps said...

have u ever been to kerala, the god's own country.

Bharath Ganesh said...

@Subu I am a Keralite :-)

Manoj Kusshwaha said...

Great list but you missed Agra India add it this is a very nice place to visit

Unknown said...

nice post
web design chennai

Geinberg Suites & Vianova Lodges said...

As Bill Bryson says,“To my mind,the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time,to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.”

@Jessica Glenn.

Unknown said...

Nice to read this article.... Thanks for sharing this information.....
Tirupathi tour package from Chennai

dentistcurie said...

I believe there are many more pleasurable opportunities ahead for individuals that looked at your site online ayurveda doctor consultation in chennai