Friday, March 27, 2009

Lightning Talks

This post is a sequel to one of my old posts "The anatomy of a Cool Dude"
It's been more than a couple of years since my first visit to Subway, described in that entry. And this is what happened today.
I am in Amsterdam for a week. Today I ran into a Subway at Dam Square. I got in and said "Hello" to the person at the counter. Then I asked him "Sir, Do you have any vegetarian options?"
He replied back "Bhai-Saab Hindi mein poocho na".
I was stunned for a minute.
He then says "Aapko ekdum acha Veg sandwich banake deta hoon mein. Isme aapko tamatar, shimla mirchi, pyaz, aur yeh lettuce milega. :-)
I say "Hahahaha. Isko apne vahan Veggie Delight bolte hain."

Then he asked "Saath mein cold drink chahiye?"
I said "Apne wahan Make-it-a-meal? poochte hain"

Towards the end of the Sub process, he asked "Bhaiyan, Mirchi Daloon?"
I said "Haan haan. By the way isko apne wahan jalapeno bolte hain".
:-D

Two years and I again remembered "Which bread", "Make it a meal" and "Which sauce" at the local Subway. :-D
Lightning TalksSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

4 comments:

spilledbytes said...

Just too good man

vishwas said...

I think we are ourselves when we are not in our country.
I dont know but we are very defensive in our own country !

Bharath said...

@vishwas
I feel everyone wants to standout in a crowd.

Swetha K said...

Thank you much more for giving the great post and I hope more from your blog.
Linux Training in Chennai
Linux Certification
Social Media Marketing Courses in Chennai
Pega Training in Chennai
Oracle Training in Chennai
Tableau Training in Chennai
Unix Training in Chennai
Excel Training in Chennai
Linux Training in Tambaram
Linux Training in OMR