Saturday, May 21, 2005

Blogging From Pramati

Hah.. In 2 more hours I would be formally completing my 2 week tenure as a Software Professional in a software product company. My Software Development Lifecycle is now 2 weeks long(short).

I got my Pramati job through my tech-blog. Thanks to Blogosphere.. As I work for the Server Team at Pramati, I guess I would be technically into the core-work, when we start off with the development of Pramati Server v. 5.0. Now, my work is to LEARN JAVA. My mentor here is Rajiv, Director of our Product Engineering Group. Last three days we had a Induction Programme for new joinees. They were 3 half day sessions on Corporate Intro, Pramati Culture, Professional Ethics, Best Practices in Software Development, etc etc..
And the best part of it was todays lunch. We all went to Kabura and I LUCNHED WITH ME CEO Jay.

Where else can a fresher who has just joined the company 15 days back have a great lunch sitting next to the CEO? Jay was talking about how he started the company, the difficulties faced, family pressures when a guy from a brahmin family says "Iam resigning my salaried job. I am starting a business" !!
Initially I was feeling a bit nervous sitting next to him but then slowly when he stated talking to me I got a feeling of sitting with a close pal....
I was telling him about Prof Sadagopan's article about Pramati which I had read before joining this company. In fact that article was one of the Primary force that inspired me to join Pramati. Find it at IIT-B's site. Here's an excerpt from it.

"... It is NOT a place, if you are merely looking for free trips to Uncle Sam Country, play tennis in office hours or a fancy building that is a great background for you to pose for a photograph that is to be sent to your boyfriend or girlfriend!.. "
Blogging From PramatiSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you congrats !